This podcast series runs 5 podcast episodes long and tells the story of the religious right history without prejudice. Christians and conservatives will enjoy this one especially. Here is a list of some key sources that were used in the research if listeners are interested in learning more. I noted in episode 1 how/why I chose the sources I chose.
- A War for the Soul of America – A History of the Culture Wars by Andrew Hartman
- American Apocalypse – A History of Modern Evangelicalism by Matthew Avery Sutton
- With God on Our Side – The Rise of the Religious Right in America by William Martin
- One Nation Under God – How Corporate American Invented Christian America by Kevin Kruse
- The Age of Evangelicalism – America’s Born Again Years by Steven P. Miller
- Apostles of Reason – The Crisis of Authority in American Evangelicalism by Molly Worthen
- Evangelicals and Politics
- The Long History of the Religious Right
- Culture Wars
- How the Culture Wars Began and Ended
- The Culture Wars and the Great Conversation
This is a third source which is not really utilized in the podcast serious. This web site looks at the theology of many among the religious right. This perspective here is skeptical and I am inclined to agree.