Part two of the Venezuela Crisis podcast series picks up with the rise of Hugo Chavez in the 1990s.
Venezuela Crisis Podcast Series
In this episode we will look at:
- How the oil boom of the mid-2000s were both a blessing and a curse to Venezuela
- How more than socialism led to Venezuela’s demise
- The foolish policies of Chavez and Maduro that have brought Venezuela to where it is today
By the time you are done with this final episode in the Venezuela crisis podcast series you will understand the depth of the current chaos and crisis, and also how we got here.
If you are ready to go deeper into understanding the crisis in Venezuela you will also want to look at my Venezuela Explainer.
You can download both parts 1 and 2 of the Venezuela crisis podcast series here at the web site or at my SoundCloud page here.
If you have enjoyed this podcast series I would love to hear your feedback and/or additional thoughts. You can also visit some of my other explainers and guides to learn about other major issues around the world today. These are frequently updated and added to so if you enjoy the explainers and guides you should consider subscribing to my blog feed.
- The Venezuela Crisis podcast series was originally published in 2016
- The explainers and guide are updated regularly